Thursday, January 21, 2010

My latest apologies...

As you might have noticed, I have been lacking on my postings... This is due to a new school semester beginning... I do not, however, desire to continue falling behind... thus i will shortly catch us up to date...
I have still been cooking through the cookbook... only not posting the outcomes...

In december I made The French Apple Tart...Pg. 184


The directions seemed somewhat shaky, Makes more than one tart... a lot of effort and not that great of taste... i probably will not waste my effort on this one again...lol...

I also made the Farmhouse Onion Soup: Pg. 23



This soup is amazing! And the leftovers make a gread dip for beef sandwiches made from leftover french bread! I WILL DEFINATELY MAKE THIS AGAIN!!!


2 T olive oil
2 T butter
4 large onions, chopped
4 Cups beef stock
1 1/2- 2 oz Gruyere or Cheddar Cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
and french bread

Heat oil and butter in deep saucpan and fry the onions briskly for 3-5 minutes... reduce heat and cook on low- medium heat for 45-60 minutes. When onions are a rich brown, add the beef stock and seasoning. Simmer, partially covered for 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary... it is scrumptious!


I later made the New Potato salad: Pg. 46
.... Yeah....not so much... I think I will stick to Killer Potato Salad... but i made it...



That has i think caught me up to date... Next will be the meatloaf i believe... we shall see how this goes... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment